Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Finally Finished!

Wooo, finally finished the art and lettering for Nova Phase's third issue! Not gonna show anything off just yet, but I think this issue turned out pretty good.

In other news, I finally sat down and started reading the volumes of Animal Land that I picked up like, a year ago but never read. So good. So, so good. I don't have a ton of time or money to spend on reading comics anymore, but goddamn this series just keeps getting better and better, which is hard to imagine because I absolutely fell in love with it to start with. Although I can never really show the kind of praise this series deserves, here's a little warm-up tribute I did today.

Kurokagi is one of the most badass characters I've seen anywhere. I know that Animal Land will probably never be adapted into an animation or game, but the character designs are just so great I had to give it the pixel art treatment. I don't think a fighting game would work, since the characters' sizes vary so much, but maybe some kind of action/RTS hybrid, like Dillon's Rolling Western, would work. As I am typing this, I am realizing what a fantastic idea that is, damn. Oh well, won't happen.

That's it for now. Might do another bird related post in the near future, or possibly America themed. Things are shaping up nicely artwise. I think I'm getting the hang of animating these big assets, so I'm eager to move on to some of the other characters that haven't been shown off yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment