Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Heckbringers and Tumblr Plans


A late posting tonight, which is a shame considering this page was done yesterday. Planned to come straight home and post this, but ended up having to make a last minute dinner, so I got a little side tracked. Still, this makes seven weeks of pages! Sort of exciting to have stuck with it, even if in seven weeks (more like 9 since there was one week where I posted Janken and one week where I posted Weeping Pines instead) not too much has happened. This introductory scene felt much shorter in my head, to be honest, but it'll soon be wrapped up, and we'll be moving right along to some scenes that, believe it or not, take place outside of an alley. It only just dawned on me that 9 weeks in, only one character has a name, and it's the bad guy. Weird. Oh well!

In other news! I've decided to finally start  utilizing the long dormant Doki Doki Arcade tumblr account. I had initially planned to just post whatever I did here, but now I think I'll be using it as more of a sketch dump, just posting the less finished doodles that I do time to time, that either turn into pages of something, or go forgotten forever. I'm gonna try to put stuff up there occasionally, if no other reason than to chronicle some otherwise lost pieces of doodly goodness, and because I always do my best design work in the margins of notebooks.

I have been watching an insane amount of Home Movies lately. I'm not sure what it is about that show, but I can't ever see any given episode enough times. I think the absolutely aimless and somewhat compulsive creative endeavors of the kids resonate with me in a powerful way, and between that shows assertion that they make their movies for no one and that no one should watch their movies, Greg Universe's 180 turn from dreams of rock stardom to pursue Rose-Quartz, and many conversations with my brother, I'm increasingly coming to balk at the idea of audience altogether. In this age of internet horror, I'm not even sure I want anybody looking at my work, but creating and sharing is fun and cathartic, and the minute it isn't I'm just gonna stop.

If you haven't already, you can find the DokiDokiArcade tumblr at jmatchead.tumblr.com. There isn't too much up there yet, but whatever.

I think either this week or next I'm gonna start posting pages of my last major web comic, Basurake, partly because I think I was way better at writing weekly content then, partly because I think it would be cool to post more often here, and partly because I just miss it.


No comments:

Post a Comment